- What is AIS? - Each year, our organization attends a competition sponsored by the Association for Information Systems (AIS), the premier US-based conference for the MIS discipline. The competition involves teams of students from universities from the United States and other countries and the site rotates each year (e.g., Philadelphia, Dallas, and Provo). At the conference, there are various IS/IT-related competitions, e.g., data analytics, cybersecurity, etc., that allow us to represent the University of Georgia on a national level.
- Thank you very much to The University of Georgia, The Terry College of Business, and the MIS department for allowing us to attend this annual conference and represent UGA!
- Learn More at: http://sc.aisnet.org/
AIS 2023 - Miami, Florida
- For the 2023 conference, Bhavya Sanghi, Laila Pettigrew, and Amol Gupta worked together on a team to place 3rd in the Cybersecurity Challenge
- We expect to have teams compete in a variety of competitions involving data analytics, cyber security, artificial intelligence, and blockchain.
- We would like to also thank the career center for directly supporting our 2020 trip! Without their help, this trip would not be possible
- For the 2019 conference, Team Extra (Adil Jooma, Nicole Saltos, and Akhil Hazari) placed 1st for their paper and 2nd for their presentation on how artificial intelligence will impact the way companies interact with customers.
- For the 2018 conference, SMIS had two teams reach the finals in their respective competition.
- The team competing in the University of Arkansas AIS Blockchain Hackathon Challenge consisted of Kenny Burkhardt, Akhil Hazari, Vanilla Yu, and Aditya Metha.
- The team competing in the NBC Universal Analytics Challenge consisted of Ajit Morar, Rhithm Pandit, Ramsha Mirza, and Jack Wright.